AICPA Long Term Disability Income Plan Features
Over 70,000 members have chosen the AICPA Long Term Disability (LTD) Income Plan to help protect themselves and their families from the financial impact of a disability. And a new Plan Option will make the plan even more desirable. Now members have a choice between a Total Disability Income Option or a Total and Partial Disability Income Option to best address individual circumstances. Don't delay - Apply online now for a January 1, 2013 effective date.Click here to quickly compare the Plan Options.
Both the existing AICPA Total Disability Income Option and the new Total + Partial Disability Income Option offer features not commonly found in employer and government-sponsored plans, such as:
- A "your occupation" definition of disability means you won't be forced into another line of work before receiving benefits
- Coverage that you can take with you, even if you change employers
- Monthly coverage amounts up to $12,000 for AICPA members; up to $3,000 for State Society-only members. Read more about coverage amounts and rates
- Income Tax free benefits: Under current Federal Income Tax laws, your monthly benefit is generally free from income tax (IRC Section 104).
- A choice of a 13-week or 26-week waiting Period
- An Annual Cost of Living Adjustment for those receiving $4,500 or more in monthly benefits
- Benefits up to 5 years for disabilities caused by mental illness
- Other features, such as Cash Refunds and a Rehabilitation Program
- Coverage issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America
- A Future Purchase Option for insured participants under age 40
The new Total and Partial Disability Income Option also offers:
- Benefits if you are either totally or partially disabled and have a loss of at least 20% of your monthly earnings due to your disability. This means you can work part time and still receive benefits.
- A Return to Work Incentive that allows you to replace up to 100% of your lost earnings for the first 12 months of benefits when you return to work.
- A Subsequent Return to Work Incentive that allows you to receive a portion of your lost earnings if you return to work after the first 12 months of receiving benefits.
|AICPA LTD INCOME PLAN OPTIONS|
|Total Disability Income Option||Total + Partial Disability Income Option|
|Monthly coverage amounts up to $12,000 for AICPA members; up to $3,000 for State Society-only members||x||x|
|Choice of a 13-week or 26-week Waiting Period||x||x|
|Annual Cost of Living Adjustment||x||x|
|"your occupation" definition of disability||x||x|
|Income Tax-free benefits*||x||x|
|Benefits up to 5 years for mental illness disabilities||x||x|
|Opportunity for Cash Refunds||x||x|
|Coverage that is yours regardless of where you work||x||x|
|Benefits if you lose 20% or more of your prior earnings due to a total or partial disability||n/a||x|
|Return to Work Incentive||n/a||x|
|Subsequent Return to Work Incentive||n/a||x|
*Under current Federal Income Tax laws, the monthly benefit is generally free from income tax (IRC Section 104) if the premiums are paid by you with after tax dollars. Income from many employer-provided plans is fully taxable.